What I Am

I am a hardworking designer who wants you to be completely open with what you believe is the best and make it become extraordinary.

The Priority of a student is to be learning, not the other way around. If you say that the priority of learning is to be a student, then no one is learning anything.

Me
This is Me
jacobgleco
How it All Started

Before I started going to college, I became introduced to the immersive program known as the Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically the application known as Photoshop, from my brother Mitchell when he was going to college. After practicing with the built-in tutorial, I was interested in going for a major that allowed me to use a wide variety of the Creative Cloud software. The major that I found was Computer Graphics New Media which later changed to its new name known as Integrated Media Design. As I was coming closer to my last semester, I wanted to find more courses outside of my major where I could learn more about other things than the Creative Cloud. I started taking extra classes in Digital Media Design and even went to expand my variety by taking coding classes in programming and database design. What I hope to achieve out of everything I learned is to create something that is original and unique that can be remembered by millions of people for several years to come. It may seem like a difficult task, but I believe that with a team that is passionate about what everyone is willing to accomplish, anything can be possible.

The Open Book
https://jg0471523car279.cisweb.luzerne.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/cropped-JG-Logo.png
Even the icon has its own story

Since I am a big fan of rock and roll bands such as Van Halen, Motorhead, and Metallica to name a few, I wanted to create a logo that has a thrash feel to it, something sharp and attention-bringing. As much as I wanted to make a logo like that, I had to stay professional with how I design the logo. After creating some possible ideas and browsing online for new ones, I finally realized something that made my first and last initial, j and g, stand out; both are capable of being sharp and boxy. Therefore, after some hard thinking and research, I decided to create my logo as an open book. Its meaning refers to something that is widely or fully known and also promotes trust and transparency with the client. The reason why I decided to go with this idea for the logo is because I also wanted to make a logo that has a strong meaning that corresponds with what I believe to be the best for everyone. Usually, it is not easy reaching the top to success, but I want to make sure that everyone is satisfied with what they are given.

Integrated Media Design

Major

30+

Credits

2+

Years

3.9

GPA